Ossett Pictures - Mitchell Laithes Hospital
Mitchell Laithes Infectious Diseases Hospital in 1n the early 1970s, shortly before it was demolished. The Woodburn Avenue estate in the background was built circa 1969. It is thought that the hospital was built between 1890 and 1900. Although Mitchell Laithes was within the Ossett boundary, access was only possible through the village of Earlsheaton.