Ossett Pictures - Ossett Palladium Cinema

Previous | Home | Next


Pictured in 1960, the Ossett Palladium cinema in Town Hall square was opened on the 22nd December 1913 and was a popular venue for Ossett folk. The Ossett Observer described is as ‘a comfortable, pleasant building’, and noted that it was well ventilated with an electric fan in the roof and that it was warmed by a ‘hot water apparatus’. It could seat 800 principally on plush-covered, tip-up seats.

Sadly, with the advent of television and lack of support, the cinema closed in the 1960s and was then demolished.