Ossett Pictures - Gill Bros

Previous | Home | Next


Engineering company, Gill Brothers was founded in 1913 at Victoria Mills, Ossett. Due to rapid expansion, it was found necessary to build new and larger works in Park Square, in 1919, and again to extend and build still larger premises in 1920.

Both Iron and Brass Castings were made on the premises, and every class of engineering work was carried out. The firm specialised in woodworking machines of about 100 different patterns. One branch of the works was devoted to mill repairs, offering a quick despatch for any machinery repairs.

Sadly, Gill Brothers is now long gone.