Ossett Pictures - Ossett Palladium Cinema

Previous | Home | Next

Ossett Palladium Cinema

Ossett Palladium Cinema, adjacent to Ossett Town Hall in the Market Place is pictured here in the 1920s. The Palladium opened on the 22nd December 1913 with the silent film 'Greater Love Hath No Man' and closed on the 29th April 1961, the last film shown was 'The Miracle'.

The Palladium, once a favourite venue for many Ossett people of a certain age was demolished later in the 1960s and replaced with shops. Jack Fultons is now located roughly where the Palladium stood.