Ossett Pictures - Brocodale Gardens, Kingsway

Previous | Home | Next


Brocodale Gardens and shelter on Kingsway were opened in 1953 as a result of land given in the Will of J.H. Glover in 1950 to the people of Ossett. The gift of the old folks' shelter was made by G. Halmshaw.

Sadly, because of repeated vandalism, the roof and windows were removed in the 1990s. Nowadays, just a low, open-air brick shell with wooden seats remains, instead of the original covered building. The gardens were always immaculately maintained, but now the lawns are covered in weeds and moss.